Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Jan 15, 2012

Dinosaur Decoding

I just finished creating a game I am really excited about - as NONSENSE syllables/words are one of the most effective tools I have ever used to teach decoding...and what primary student isn't fascinated by dinosaurs and volcanoes?

Dinosaur Decoding is a prehistoric-themed nonsense word game designed to help students with their decoding skills. I plan to use this game to reinforce blending, the rules for open and closed syllables, consonant blends, single and double vowels, and beginning and ending sounds. This 36-page file contains a game board for up to 4 players, "how to play" instructions, 256 nonsense word cards - which are refered to as "EXTINCT" words as well as 8 "ERUPT" cards. Students take turns decoding and collecting as many cards as possible before the erupting volcanoes get them! Tons of fun for the little ones!

Check it out in my TPT store.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! The boys in my class will LOVE these :) Have a happy rest of your weekend :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    Kim
    Growing Up Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Kids love dinosaurs!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I ran across your blog. I'm your newest follower! Love your blog template - it's adorable! Have a great week!

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog also. This is great!

    ReplyDelete