Since posting about how I had created my OWN clip art, I had a couple of followers ask me how I did it. Well, I am sure there is a much better way to go about creating "digital clip art" - and if I had better technology tools, no doubt my art would have been crisper, but with limited technology and supplies, and no instruction or reading up on "how to" do it... " I simply winged it".
- First, I drew my pictures on plain white paper.
- Next, I scanned my drawings and saved the files on my computer.
- Then, I used Microsoft Paint, found in the accessories folder on Windows machines, to clean up the edges and color/paint in my drawings.
- After that, I saved the images as both .jpeg and .png files using the Paint program.
- Finally, I zipped all the files into one folder and created a collage page with all the clips on it to “show” what was included.
However, now that the question has been posed, I guess it is time to actually research how best to create your own digital clip art - so I am off to do some research. I will let you know in the near future what I find out.