Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Dec 4, 2011

New Reading Logs

Now that we are heading into the second trimester, I decided it was time to revise our homework reading log. The first trimester, students were asked to simply color in a treasure chest for each night they read. Although I liked the form I created to fit our classroom theme, I am wanting a little bit more information from my firsties about what it is they are reading, and how many minutes they are actually spending.

So, I came up with a form that I think will be "just right" and then modified the graphics to fit each month. There is no parent signature required, but students are held accountable to write their book or story title. What a perfect way to practice using proper capitalization in titles and copying words correctly. 

It is available for $1.50 in my TPT store. The entire packet includes 14 different Weekly Reading Logs - one for each month of the year and two generic ones to use any time.
Click HERE to grab your FREE copy of the
December Reading Log.

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo stinkin' cute! We have a pirate theme this year! Will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete