Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Jul 25, 2011

Estimation Jar Label

Like so many of you, I will be adding an estimation jar to my weekly math routine this year when I make the move to 1st grade. The empty jar will be sent home with a different student each Friday to fill with 10-100 of the same item and return on Monday. During the week, students will estimate the number of items they think are in the jar, discuss why they think they have made a good "educated" guess, and then graph their estimates.
Here is the jar label I created and the estimation form I found on another blog that I will be using for this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment