Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Jan 17, 2015

Addition and Subtraction Fluency

Now that we are half way through the year... and my students have mastered their addition and subtraction concepts ... it is time to focus on SPEED. I need to make sure they really have those math facts down! So...it is time for lots and lots of facts fluency quizzes.

Since the textbooks we are piloting don't have nearly enough facts fluency pages, and the websites that allow me to generate them aren't as visually appealing as I would like, I decided to create my own template and start generating my own FLASH FACTS quizzes.

I decided on 20 problems per page - which makes it easy to score. Then, I added in a few of the Melonheadz superheroes. FLASH seemed to be the perfect character for the regular addition and subtraction quizzes and the other masked superhero characters were perfect for the pages I created for solving the UNKNOWN.

Here is a sample of what I have come up with.  I am hoping to have a huge pack available soon on TPT.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.


Click on the picture above or click HERE to grab your freebie.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I think they look great, Debbie. They children will love the little super heros on the top. How many minutes do you usually give for 20 problems? Thanks for the freebie!!!
    jbales@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete