Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Jul 17, 2014

Short U Word Work


I just completed another word work pack this morning. This one is called, "Fun In The Sun". It includes numerous activities to help my students decode, read, and spell words with short u.

We will be using this pack week 5 while covering Unit 2.6-2.10 in our SRA Imagine It program.


The pack is 34 pages long and includes:

70 Short U word cards
I Have, Who Has
Scoot
Read and Write the Room
ABC Order
3 Word Searches
Foldable Book
(students read sentences, find and underline the short u words, then sort and record the words they found under the 3 flaps (3 letter words, 4 letter words 5 or more letters)
I Can Read Short U Words list
2 answer keys (for foldable book, and word sort)
Game Board
5 sort cards
(2 letter words 3 letter words, 4 letter words, 5 letter words, 6 or more letters)



There certainly are enough activities to keep my kiddos busy all week... even for my fast finishers!

Check it out in my TPT store.


You may also grab some freebie pages from the pack HERE.

My Short E pack will coming in the next few days.  Watch for it!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie! I just typed all this up and it didn't seem to work when I published it, so if you get this twice, I'm so sorry!!!!

    I have a totally random question - I see you use the new Open Court program. Do you by chance know how similar it is to the old program? For instance - the sounds in the old program are taught like this...short a is baby lamb, b is beating heart, short o is sore throat, f is fraidy cat, etc. Also, is there a Millie story (or another name instead of Millie) that you use to introduce each sound and its spelling? I know it seems like a weird question but my team is using a modified version of the old, original Open Court and I wondered how similar or different it is. If it's easier for you to email me rather than comment here, my email address is marniesm at comcast dot net.

    I love all of your phonics packs. I've bought all of the short vowel ones and I'm working on the others as I can. I have TONS already and still so many left to buy. :) Thanks for such a great resource.

    ReplyDelete