Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Aug 27, 2011

Pirate Loot

On the first day of school I took the children on the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Scavenger Hunt which I purchased from Mrs. Jones Creation Station at the TPT store. When we arrived back in our classroom at the end of the hunt, I had these pirate loot bags in a treasure chest waiting for the kids.

Below is a copy of the note enclosed in the treasure bag. After "plundering" the idea from other teachers, I simply tweaked it to fit my classroom theme.

3 comments:

  1. very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Is there any way to get an editable copy of your note so that it can be used for a different grade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! And I know I have a styrofoam cooler I'm not using somewhere...Can't wait to add this to my Pirate themed classroom. Thanks!
    ~Lindsay
    Mrs. Miller’s Monkey Business

    ReplyDelete