Welcome Aboard!

WELCOME ABOARD
I'm delighted that you have taken the time to drop anchor here at my little teaching blog: Sailing Though 1st Grade! Oh, the places we will go! Enjoy the voyage.

Aug 25, 2011

Classroom Photos

 Our Math/Calendar Wall and Beanie Baby Reading and Writing Strategies hanging in the fishing nets above the windows
Two days into first grade and I am loving it!
Thanks to my new teaching partner, Kelley, I was introduced to the world of TEACHER blogs back in June.  Needless to say, I spent the bulk of my summer blog hopping, preparing for my move from 4th grade to 1st. I was able to gather so many creative ideas from educators all over the Internet. Wow... the resources are incredible.!!! Unfortunately, I spent way too much money purchasing lessons, units, fonts, and digital clip art in the process. Oh well... what are you going to do???

Clip chart behavior board, Mr. Munch the shark, and book boxes
Anyway... two weeks ago, after months of becoming emmersed in all things first grade, I finally got the keys to my new classroom -  AKA (PIER 3). Below are a few pictures of what I did have the chance to set up before school started as I prepared to meet my new "CREW". This is the 3rd nautical-themed classroom I have had - Once in 5th, once in 4th, and now... finally in first. I just love how it lends itself to all grade levels and there is just something so fun, yet relaxing about this "boat" inspired theme.
Calendar/Math wall, Listening Center, etc.
Reading and Language Arts Focus Wall
High Frequency Word Wall
Sailor of the Month Door
Door decoration
The bare bones of my bulletin boards





7 comments:

  1. Your classroom is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Your classroom is fabulous!!! It makes mine look pitiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom is absolutely adorable!! I love it!

    Jacque @ Mommy and Me Creations
    http://mommy-and-me-creations.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I'm your newest follower! Feel free and stop by my blog, any time. I would love to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so inspiring! It makes me want to reconsider my classroom theme and change to a nautical theme!

    Brittany
    Sweet Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 19, 2013

    Wow your room is fantastic! It inspires me to get busy on my room!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great decor and ideas! Hope this message reaches you...I was wondering where you purchased or found the anchor on the "anchor words" bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! Where do you typically buy all your nautical themed decorations and accents?

    ReplyDelete